Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Win a "spife" for your Zespri kiwi!

Do you like kiwi? Do you know what a kiwi fruit is? (If you don't, take a minute to acquaint yourself visually with this delicious fruit by popping over to the Zespri Kiwi site.) I love kiwi - juicy, sweet-tart, green goodness with little seeds that add fantastic texture. This fruit is a mixed bag with my kids. My son won't even try it, while my daughter usually likes it.

Zespri Kiwi
, sellers of delicious kiwi fruit, sent me an e-mail recently offering a handful of "spifes" - a spoon and knife (suitable for children) combo useful for eating their fruit. I can not wait to get the spifes, as I suspect that my son will be all over kiwi if he has his own special tool to eat it with.


Here's the great part - Zespri Kiwi will also send a handful of spifes to one lucky reader of this blog! To win, tell me your favorite way to eat kiwi in the comments section. Winner must be willing to provide their name and a valid mailing address to claim their prize. I'll announce the winner on Sunday, July 26.

19 comments:

amy said...

We love Kiwi! Thinking about it actually triggers a salivating response with me. Is that weird? Its the only food that does it.

Jaime Matthews said...

We just recently discovered gold kiwi and we are in love! Our favorite way to eat it is just plain cut up, although we are known to put it in yogurt or a smoothie as well.

KellieS said...

Kiwi is most eaten in our house mixed in with other fruits in a salad. I have been known to just peel it and sluice it down in two bites. Yummy. I have never seen the spife. I can see how it would be a kid friendly tool in which to eat a kiwi (adults too).

Becky said...

My brother in law just told me he eats kiwi like an apple, peel and all! No thanks sounds fuzzy. I'm a fan of the slice and spoon myself!! Baby Colin likes his pureed!

Leah said...

I cut it in half and eat with a spoon for myself. Peeled and Sliced or chopped for the little ones. We generally eat them as our "fruit" for our breakfast and as snacks.

choosinglosing said...

I just slice and eat. I'm boring I guess!

La Nouvelle Femme said...

Ooh, I haven't had kiwi in such a long time. I love it in a fruit salad. The sour flavor goes so well with strawberries and grapes.

lifeofcarey said...

We love kiwi, we peel it and eat it like an apple or slice it and eat it or chop it up and add to our fruitsalads. YUMMY!

livinghealthyintherealworld said...

I love kiwi! My favourite way to eat it is just by itself. But it's also tasty mixed into smoothies. I love the tangy sour flavour. The spife is so cute!

Nice review page, by the way :)

- Sagan

cathy said...

Eating kiwi just sliced by itself or in a fruit salad is my favorite way to eat kiwi, btw.

Sagan - Thanks. It's a start, right? My advertisers on the main blog don't always take kindly to giveaways. So, this page gives me the freedom to do giveaways and hopefully to review outside of what makes sense on A Life Less Sweet. Look for more on here in the future! :)

mary said...

We are purists I guess. We just eat as is or in fruit salad. When my children were smaller they enjoyed kiwi before either strawberries or grapes!

Jenna said...

peeled and quartered. or in a fruit salad. or halved and eaten with a spoon right out of the skin.

amywathen said...

Love kiwi. My boys like me to cut the kiwi in half and then eat with a spoon. The spife look slike a great tool for that.

Chow and Chatter said...

I just like to eat it on its own great blog and nice giveaway I am your first follower yipee! Rebecca

Karen said...

lOVE KIWI AND STRAWBERRIES CUT UP.

j said...

i love kiwis in the traditional new zealand dessert, pavlova!

RickyRae said...

I like them as they are...just slice it up and I'm good to go!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

I love kiwi! I often peel it by hand (after a small slice) and then I slice it up nicely, but it does get slippery that way, so this would be cool!

spunkysuzi said...

My favorite way to enjoy kiwi? Skin and everything :) But sometimes i like to have no peel for salads or for my husband so i definitely could use a spife :)