Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fabulous new POM juices!

Disclaimer: I was given samples of these juices by POM. I am under no obligation to give these juices a positive review - or even to review them at all.

POM Wonderful recently sent me two new flavors of their pomegranate juice to try. I think that their plain pomegranate juice is fantastic (with some really appealing potential benefits to boot), so I was thrilled to be able to try these new flavors. The new flavors - Pomegranate Nectarine and Pomegranate Kiwi.

You may remember that I reviewed their new POMx tea recently with mixed feelings. I thought that the flavors were good (especially their peach flavored tea) though perhaps a little too sweet but was very disappointed to find fructose as an ingredient. I have no such issues here! These new POM Wonderful juices are all that I have come to expect from Pom. Take a look at the ingredient list for the Pomegranate Nectarine flavor: pomegranate (55%) and nectarine (45%) juices from concentrate, natural flavors. Simple. No added sugar. The Pomegranate Kiwi flavor (and all of their pomegranate juice flavors) has a similar ingredient list.


But how do they taste? The flavors are true. Kiwi has always struck me as a supporting flavor that doesn't really add a whole lot, and I think that this holds with this juice. Still, you can taste the kiwi, it's just a subtle flavor. I thought that the Pomegranate Kiwi juice had a nice flavor, but the pomegranate flavor is what takes center stage.

The Pomegranate Nectarine...wowzers! I love this juice! The nectarine is a type of fuzzless peach, and I am crazy about anything that is peach flavored. Where the kiwi was a supporting flavor in the other juice, the nectarine flavor is an equal player with the pomegranate flavor. This juice has a strong nectarine flavor that is quite marvelous paired with the pomegranate flavor. I have a feeling that this juice will become a regular in our house!

POM Wonderful juices aren't cheap, but their flavors are intense and consistent. I would highly recommend you give these new juices - especially the Pomegranate Nectarine flavor - a try!

POM is hosting a group of 14 bloggers at their orchards and plants in California. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it from Sagan at Living Healthy in the Real World. Go check it out!

3 comments:

Jim said...

Might have to give it a try, I like Nectarine.

Jill said...

Oh, I love the POM drinks. Can't wait to try them all out. The only problem I have is, my kids drink all of it before I get a chance. Wah. :-)

livinghealthyintherealworld said...

I felt the same way about the POMx tea- tastes great but it could be a little healthier. I'm looking forward to trying these new flavours of juice!

- Sagan